Needed to upload some videos into my SlideShow Pro Director install. However, my PHP upload size was set to 20MB and the videos were both 23MB. After some Googling, I found a painless way to fix it.
- Ensure your domain is running FastCGI for PHP5
- Download DreamHost Custom PHP.ini from DeamHost Scripts and Tips
- Put the dh-phpini.php file at the root of your website
- Access http://<website>/dh-phpini.php
- Click to install and it will create the necessary files and folder
- Edit the php.ini in the newly created /cgi-bin/ folder in the following two places: post_max_size, and upload_max_filesize
- SSH into your website and run the following command for it to take affect (kills FastCGI): killall -9 php5.cgi
All this good info was found at BlueSunray, so thanks for that!